Growing Better Together
Fane Valley is now one of Ireland's most progressive agri-food businesses, with interests in red meats, feed compounding, porridge oats and breakfast cereals, agricultural supplies, and renewable energy, operative across Europe. Our commitment to developing our work force is paramount in meeting our objective of delivering quality products with top class service at competitive prices.
Fane Valley has a diverse culture reflecting the diversity not only in the business functions but also in our locations. As a company we embrace change and continuously strive to be the best in whatever sector we enter.
Reference: Ref No: FVF/FA/09/19
Closing Date: 13th September 2019
Fane Valley Feeds is one of the largest animal feed manufacturers in Northern Ireland with manufacturing facilities in Omagh and Newry. We are committed to manufacturing the highest quality animal feeds, with superior customer service and focused on improving animal performance and customer profitability.
We are currently recruiting for the following position based at our Omagh mill.
Reporting to the Company Accountant the Financial Administrator will be responsible for providing financial and administrative assistance for all areas of finance.
- Opening new supplier and customer accounts;
- Regular contact with Suppliers to ensure that Statements are accurate and reconciled to financial systems;
- Developing and maintaining relationships with customers. This will require regular telephone calls with slow paying customers;
- Preparing Creditor Reconciliations from the Purchase Ledger to the Supplier Statements for approval;
- Negotiating payment arrangements with customers;
- Preparation and processing of the supplier cheque & monthly BACS runs & euro transfer payments;
- Updating of cash book on a daily basis, posting customer payments to their accounts;
- Assisting customers and sales representatives with account queries and production of reports as required;
- Provide support for other financial duties delegated by the Company Accountant.
- Must have previous relevant experience of working within a financial administration department;
- Will ideally be qualified to Accounting Technician level or equivalent;
- Have strong IT skills with experience in Microsoft Office applications;
- Have experience of operating computerised accounting software;
- Ability to work on own initiative and within a busy team.
For further information or to request an application form please contact the HR Department at Fane Valley. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, Tel: (028) 92 610480 or download an application form at fanevalley.com/careers.