Growing Better Together
Fane Valley is now one of Ireland's most progressive agri-food businesses, with interests in red meats, feed compounding, porridge oats and breakfast cereals, agricultural supplies, and renewable energy, operative across Europe. Our commitment to developing our work force is paramount in meeting our objective of delivering quality products with top class service at competitive prices.
Fane Valley has a diverse culture reflecting the diversity not only in the business functions but also in our locations. As a company we embrace change and continuously strive to be the best in whatever sector we enter.
Closing Date: 18th December 2019
White’s has been milling oats for over 175 years and is Northern Ireland’s only oat mill and porridge producer. We believe working closely with local farmers allows us to produce the finest quality oats and the best possible porridge products - products that are authentic, natural and promote wellbeing. We now wish to recruit for the following position’
Reporting to the Technical and Quality Manager, the Quality Technician will be responsible forassisting in ensuring compliance with all relevant quality and food safety standards and ensuring all aspects of production are carried out to exact quality specifications.
- To ensure all production tasks are carried out to exact quality specifications;
- Carry out quality checks and maintain records;
- Collect and send samples to outside laboratories for testing;
- Conduct weekly hygiene audits;
- Inspect all incoming goods and paperwork;
- Assist in customer audits;
- Maintain and update QMS;
- Assist with investigations into non-conformances.
- Have a third level qualification in Food Technology or equivalent;
- Possess a minimum of one year’s experience in a similar role within the food industry;
- Have Intermediate Food Hygiene (minimum);
- Be IT Literate;
- Have the ability to work on your own initiative with minimal supervision and work as part of a team;
- Demonstrate excellent communication and problem solving skills;
- Show attention to detail and accuracy of record keeping.
Preference will be given to candidates with the following:
- Train the Trainer Qualification;
- Advanced Food Hygiene;
- HACCP Level 3
The successful candidate will be required to work the following shifts:
Monday – Friday (5.45 – 2.15pm / 2pm – 10.30pm / 8am – 4.30pm. Occasional weekend work)
To request an application form please contact the Human Resources Department at Fane Valley. Email: email@example.com, Tel: (028) 92 610480
or apply directly through our website www.fanevalley.com/careers.