Growing Better Together
Fane Valley is now one of Ireland's most progressive agri-food businesses, with interests in red meats, feed compounding, porridge oats and breakfast cereals, agricultural supplies, and renewable energy, operative across Europe. Our commitment to developing our work force is paramount in meeting our objective of delivering quality products with top class service at competitive prices.
Fane Valley has a diverse culture reflecting the diversity not only in the business functions but also in our locations. As a company we embrace change and continuously strive to be the best in whatever sector we enter.
Technical Plant Operator
Closing Date: 17th January 2020
Working in conjunction with the onsite maintenance team to take responsibility for our new effluent plant and insure a tidy and secure yard at all times.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain and run the Waste Water Treatment Plant (WWTP);
- Ensure that the yard and WWTP are maintained in line with internal and external policies and regulations;
- Make sure that all records and paperwork relating to the WWTP are kept up to date;
- Work with the maintenance department, when necessary, to ensure any issues with WWTP are dealt with in a timely manner;
- To keep external storage areas clean, tidy, and be audit ready at any time.
- Comply with all company policies and procedures within the remit of this role;
- Carry out any other associated duties as may arise, develop or be assigned by management;
- Be flexible in approach to working hours.
- Previous working experience of SCADA Systems and PLC control screens;
- A working knowledge of chemical use and storage;
- Good standard of written and spoken English;
- Working knowledge of health and safety procedures;
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and meet set targets;
- Good communication skills.
- Previous working experience of DAF plants and seperators;
- Hold a valid forklift license;
- Basic COSHH training;
Hours of work: Monday to Friday: 8am – 4.30pm and 4.30pm -1am
To request an application form please contact the Human Resources Department at Fane Valley. Email: email@example.com, Tel: (028) 92 610480
or apply directly through our website www.fanevalley.com/careers.