Growing Better Together
Fane Valley is now one of Ireland's most progressive agri-food businesses, with interests in red meats, feed compounding, porridge oats and breakfast cereals, agricultural supplies, and renewable energy, operative across Europe. Our commitment to developing our work force is paramount in meeting our objective of delivering quality products with top class service at competitive prices.
Fane Valley has a diverse culture reflecting the diversity not only in the business functions but also in our locations. As a company we embrace change and continuously strive to be the best in whatever sector we enter.
Trainee Credit Controller
Reference: Job Ref: FVS/TCC/01/
Closing Date: 17th January 2020
Fane Valley Stores is a leading supplier of animal health and agricultural products to farmers and the rural community. With an expanding network of agri-retail stores and a strong on-line platform, our aim is to exceed the expectations of our customers.
We now invite applicants for the following position based at Fane Valley Stores, headquarters in Moira.
Reporting to the Credit Control Manager the Trainee Credit Controller will have the opportunity to train and build a career in credit control. The role will be an integral part of the finance department, being responsible for the management and collection of Accounts Receivable and ensuring that debt management policies are being strictly adhered to by working closely with the Retail Manager and Store Management.
- Opening new accounts and checking credit ratings;
- Ensure debts are paid in a timely and effective manner;
- Developing and maintaining relationships with customers;
- Negotiating payment agreements with customers;
- Implement the Credit Control Policy in a proactive manner;
- Develop positive working relationships with all internal departments and other group companies.
- Have strong IT skills with experience in Microsoft Office applications;
- Ability to work on own initiative and within a busy team;
- Have excellent communication skills and a confident telephone manner;
- Demonstrates good organisational skills and can prioritise workload;
- Ideally have previous relevant experience of working within a financial administration department;
- A willingness to learn and develop a career in credit control with ongoing and supported training towards a CICM qualification.
To request an application form please contact the HR Department at Fane Valley. Email: email@example.com, Tel: (028) 92 610480 or apply directly through our Get Got portal at https://fanevalley.getgotjobs.co.uk/home