Growing Better Together
Fane Valley is now one of Ireland's most progressive agri-food businesses, with interests in red meats, feed compounding, porridge oats and breakfast cereals, agricultural supplies, and renewable energy, operative across Europe. Our commitment to developing our work force is paramount in meeting our objective of delivering quality products with top class service at competitive prices.
Fane Valley has a diverse culture reflecting the diversity not only in the business functions but also in our locations. As a company we embrace change and continuously strive to be the best in whatever sector we enter.
Credit Control Assistant
Reference: Job Ref: FVS/CCA/01/
Closing Date: 17th January 2020
Fane Valley Stores is a leading supplier of animal health and agricultural products to farmers and the rural community. With an expanding network of agri-retail stores and an on-line platform, our aim is to exceed the expectations of our customers.
We now invite applicants for the following position based at Fane Valley Stores, headquarters in Moira.
Reporting to the Credit Control Manager, the Credit Control Assistant will work as part of a credit team across Fane Valley Stores and Fane Valley Feeds. The principle activities of the role will be to provide a comprehensive, accurate and timely credit function, which will enhance the position of the company accounts receivable, ensuring timely payments to ensure customers’ accounts are maintained within credit terms whilst maintaining a high level of customer retention.
- • Ensure all customer accounts are maintained within the agreed trading terms and credit limits;
- • Opening new accounts and checking credit ratings;
- • Set and monitor credit limits;
- Ensure debts are paid in a timely and effective manner;
- Developing and maintaining relationships with customers;
- Negotiating payment agreements with customers;
- Respond promptly and efficiently to both customer and internal enquiries;
- Issue customer statements and invoices within agreed timelines;
- Processing Direct Debit payments and uploading to the bank for collection;
- Posting cheques/BACS/DD payments to customer accounts;
- Providing accounts information to senior management;
- Implement the Credit Control Policy in a proactive manner;
- Liaising with other Fane Valley divisions to ensure that common goals are achieved.
- Experience within a Credit Control position dealing with multiple accounts;
- A track record of working in a fast-moving environment;
- Have strong IT skills with experience in Microsoft Office applications;
- Have excellent communication skills and a confident telephone manner;
- Ability to work on own initiative and within a busy team;
- Demonstrates good organisational skills and can prioritise workload;
- Formal credit control training or qualifications would be an advantage.
To request an application form please contact the HR Department at Fane Valley. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, Tel: (028) 92 610480 or apply directly through our Get Got portal at https://fanevalley.getgotjobs.co.uk/home.