Growing Better Together
Fane Valley is now one of Ireland's most progressive agri-food businesses, with interests in red meats, feed compounding, porridge oats and breakfast cereals, agricultural supplies, and renewable energy, operative across Europe. Our commitment to developing our work force is paramount in meeting our objective of delivering quality products with top class service at competitive prices.
Fane Valley has a diverse culture reflecting the diversity not only in the business functions but also in our locations. As a company we embrace change and continuously strive to be the best in whatever sector we enter.
Reference: Ref No: DFP/AS/01/20
Closing Date: 31st January 2020
Duncrue Food Processors Ltd (DFP) has been in operation for over thirty years. DFP has grown to be one of the UK’s leading beef dripping producers. Our primary operation is the manufacture of high quality beef dripping which is sold to the fast food, catering and food manufacturing industries.
We now wish to recruit for the above position.
To produce a top quality edible beef dripping (oil from process) in keeping with customer requirements and specifications, maintaining the quality and safety of the product necessary to achieve this objective.
- To take responsibility for the production process from the intake of raw material through the primary production stage for the processing of the fat;
- Be aware of the variances in raw materials and how this may affect the ability to process the fat;
- Carry out all checks to ensure the quality and consistency of oil and protein production in line with production requirements;
- Maintain all documentation required for tracking production, quality, cleaning, hygiene and equipment (paper and computer files);
- Promote health and safety in the work place and record any accidents and near misses as per our policy;
- Complete shift reports and communicate accordingly;
- At least 1 year’s supervisory experience in a food manufacturing environment;
- Previous experience of running a production line;
- Experience of record keeping with attention to detail;
- An awareness of health and safety legislation;
- Have excellent communication and problem solving skills;
- Demonstrate accuracy completing paperwork;
- Good standard of education, which includes English and Maths GCSE or equivalent.
Hours of Work: Monday – Friday (shifts 9am – 5.30pm / 5pm – 1.30am on a rotating 2-week pattern)
To request an application form please contact the HR Department at Fane Valley.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, Tel: (028) 92 610480 or apply direct through our Get Got Portal https://fanevalley.getgotjobs.co.uk/home