Growing Better Together
Fane Valley is now one of Ireland's most progressive agri-food businesses, with interests in red meats, feed compounding, porridge oats and breakfast cereals, agricultural supplies, and renewable energy, operative across Europe. Our commitment to developing our work force is paramount in meeting our objective of delivering quality products with top class service at competitive prices.
Fane Valley has a diverse culture reflecting the diversity not only in the business functions but also in our locations. As a company we embrace change and continuously strive to be the best in whatever sector we enter.
Closing Date: 24th January 2020
Reporting to the Lead Engineer, the successful candidate will be involved in preventative maintenance and process improvements to maximise machine output and assist with systems for updating the plant and machinery.
- Maximise machine efficiency and work to limit unplanned down time;
- Analyse current processes and make recommendations in relation to overall maintenance improvements;
- At all times work to promote a culture of high standards in health and safety;
- Have at least 3 years’ experience in a similar role;
- Be qualified to HNC level in a mechanical discipline, or equivalent;
- Experience of, electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic and steam generation systems in a production environment;
- Have the ability to work on own initiative with minimal supervision and work as part of a team;
- Demonstrate excellent communication and problem solving skills;
- The ability to interpret engineering drawings;
- An understanding of a range of end of line packing equipment.
Preference will be given to candidates with the following:
- Previous experience working in the food industry;
- Mechanical experience;
- 5 years’ high speed high volume experience;
- Experience of working to the principles of LEAN manufacturing;
- General fabrication and wielding experience;
- Hold a valid forklift licence;
- Good IT skills.
Candidates must be self motivated and have an understanding of a round- the-clock operation.
Hours of work will be based on a continental shift pattern.
To request an application form please contact the HR Department at Fane Valley.
To request an application form please contact the HR Department at Fane Valley. Email: email@example.com, Tel: (028) 92 610480 or apply directly through our Get Got portal at https://fanevalley.getgotjobs.co.uk/home