Growing Better Together
Fane Valley is now one of Ireland's most progressive agri-food businesses, with interests in red meats, feed compounding, porridge oats and breakfast cereals, agricultural supplies, and renewable energy, operative across Europe. Our commitment to developing our work force is paramount in meeting our objective of delivering quality products with top class service at competitive prices.
Fane Valley has a diverse culture reflecting the diversity not only in the business functions but also in our locations. As a company we embrace change and continuously strive to be the best in whatever sector we enter.
General Operator – Alpha Intake Department
Closing Date: 23rd October 2020
Duncrue Food Processors Ltd (DFP) has been in operation for over thirty years. DFP has grown to be one of the UK’s leading beef dripping producers. Our primary operation is the manufacture of high quality beef dripping which is sold to the fast food, catering and food manufacturing industries. We now wish to recruit for the following position:
You will work in a team to produce a top quality edible beef dripping (oil from process) in keeping with customer requirements and specifications, maintaining the quality and safety of the product necessary to achieve this objective.
- Inspection and monitoring of raw material;
- Maintain Hygiene and cleanliness of the department inc. bin washing;
- Fork Lift Driving – Counterbalance;
- Loading and unloading lorries;
- Maintaining appropriate records for the department;
- Assist with any other aspects of production.
- Previous work experience in a food manufacturing environment;
- Experience of record keeping with attention to detail;
- Hold a valid Counter Balance Forklift License;
- An awareness of health and safety legislation;
- Demonstrate excellent communication and problem solving skills;
- Demonstrate accuracy completing paperwork.
Preference will be given to candidates who have:
- Previous work experience in the meat industry;
- Knowledge of HACCP and CCP’s.
The successful candidate will be required to work shifts. (Monday – Friday (1.30pm – 10pm / 5pm – 1.30am on a rotating 2-week pattern)
To request an application form please contact the HR Department at Fane Valley. Email: email@example.com, Tel: (028) 92 610480 or apply direct through our Get Got Portal: https://fanevalley.getgotjobs.co.uk/home.