Growing Better Together
Fane Valley is now one of Ireland's most progressive agri-food businesses, with interests in red meats, feed compounding, porridge oats and breakfast cereals, agricultural supplies, and renewable energy, operative across Europe. Our commitment to developing our work force is paramount in meeting our objective of delivering quality products with top class service at competitive prices.
Fane Valley has a diverse culture reflecting the diversity not only in the business functions but also in our locations. As a company we embrace change and continuously strive to be the best in whatever sector we enter.
Health & Safety Officer
Reference: Ref: FV/HSO/10/20
Closing Date: 26th October 2020
Fane Valley Co-op has interests in animal feed manufacturing, red meat processing (beef, lamb and edible offal’s), the production of beef dripping, fully integrated duck production & processing, porridge oats & breakfast cereal, agricultural supplies and the provision of agronomy & forage services.
We now wish to appoint a highly motivated Health and Safety Officer with a proven ability to work on their own initiative and who can add value to the Health and Safety function within our business. The successful candidate will be based at our Omagh mill and will be required to travel to our other sites in Northern Ireland and Donegal.
Reporting to the Health and Safety Manager, the Health and Safety Officer will be responsible for undertaking duties covering all aspects of Health and Safety in the work place, including assisting with:
- The development/implementation of the Company’s Health, Safety and Environmental Management systems across all sites;
- Conducting and updating risk assessments;
- Ensuring that employees and contractors are compliant with all Health and Safety Legislation (NI and ROI);
- Providing advice on Health and Safety matters to both managers and employees;
- Health and Safety investigations of accidents and near misses;
- Preparation of monthly Health and Safety reports and collating Health and Safety statistics;
- Conducting site inspections and providing training to employees;
- Ensuring that our contractors’ codes of practice are up to date and adhered to by all employees and contractors.
- At least two years’ experience in a Health and Safety role;
- Working knowledge and experience of implementing and managing hazard identification and risk management processes;
- Knowledge of both NI and ROI Health and Safety legislation;
- Previous experience of managing Health and Safety investigations;
- Experience of managing and implementing Health and Safety management systems;
- Good oral and written communication skills;
- Excellent presentation skills;
- The ability to work on their own initiative within a dynamic work environment;
- Excellent analytical skills and a strong eye for detail;
- A Driving license and access to their own transport;
- A 3rd level qualification in a related discipline is desirable, as is a NEBOSH General Certificate.
To request an application form please contact the HR Department at Fane Valley.
Email: email@example.com, Tel: (028) 92 610480 or apply directly through our Get Got portal at https://fanevalley.getgotjobs.co.uk/home